Jewelry 101: Fabrication + Soldering
We rotate our local instructors to give you a well rounded experience. Please choose a date, time, and instructor that works for you! For more information, check out our amazing instructors here!
Tuition: $640 | Payment plans available
Kit Fee: $75 Materials and Lab Fee | Fee paid last day of class
“I turned forty and decided I had to chase my dream. From the first week, getting my hands on the tools here I knew this is what I am supposed to be doing with my life. I am so grateful that this school exists and I can’t wait to take the next class. Thank you!” - Wendy, Jewelry 101
Spend a total of 32 hours over 4 weeks, learning the core techniques of jewelry making and the tools and equipment of a metalsmithing studio.
This course will cover the essentials of fabrication:
- Soldering Techniques
- Sawing + Piercing
- Flex Shaft Techniques
- Tab Setting a Stone
- Bezel Setting a Stone
- Filing, Sanding + Finishing
- Basic Wire Working
- Forming Techniques
Combine your knowledge to design and fabricate 7 projects in eight days: rings, bracelets and pendants in sterling silver, copper and brass. Absolute beginners and intermediate students are welcome!
- Week 1: Learn to fabricate two rings in sterling silver and the properties of stretching and moving metal to create a spinner and domed ring.
- Week 2: Focus on learning to saw with the first day cuff project. Then learn the magic of Argentium by creating a .5”x6” Argentium silver cuff with wire work and granulation that can be fused instead of soldered.
- Week 3: Learn the art of bezel setting a cabochon stone for a silver pendant. Bails, jump rings and soldering/twisting wire will be covered.
- Week 4: Create your final project by doing a tab or simple prong setting. Cabochon stones, coins, compasses etc. can all be set this way. You may take any of the techniques learned above (rings, pendants, even cufflinks) to create this final work.
Only available on the weekends? We have divided this class up into two parts to accommodate your schedule!
Kit fee includes all materials and tools, students can bring their own stones or purchase from our large selection of cabochons here at the studio.
***Projects and curriculum subject to change in Summer 2019***
Please be informed Creative Side only offers “tuition credit” upon cancellation. Please review our no refund policy before enrolling and agree to the terms. We appreciate your support of our growing community.