with Greg Foster
Apr 18th - Apr 19th, 2020 | 10am to 5pm
Tuition: $325 | Payment plans available
Kit Fee: $60 Materials and Lab Fee | Fee paid last day of class
"Greg is extremely gifted with his craft and offers a "freestyle" laid back teaching style. I felt like if there's anything specific I wanted to learn, he'd teach it!" - Diana H.
Been curious about working in leather? This class will cover basic terminology, principles and types of leather in all it’s applications, as well as basic tooling techniques and how it applies to jewelry making. Students will go through all the steps necessary to create a handmade bracelet with a stone mount or inlay.
- Leather types and tannages (or tanning)
- Tools and their usage
- Dyeing, stains, antiquing and finishing
- Adhesives and joining different types of leather
- Casing and tooling basics
- Mounting and applique work
- The “Mystery Braid” and basic round braid
- Edge Stitching and burnishing
- Framing and Bordering
Please be informed Creative Side only offers “tuition credit” upon cancellation. Please review our no refund policy before enrolling and agree to the terms. We appreciate your support of our growing community.