Creative Side is here to nurture the growth of individual artists. We encourage your engagement with the community through exhibitions, shows, internships and jobs. Please check periodically as we update with upcoming happenings.
For anyone who’s held a piece of metal and felt sparks fly. Or for those who’ve looked at a stone and saw time stand still. The Saul Bell Design Award invites you to pick up your tools and seize your moment. Since launching in 2001, the Saul Bell Design Award has become one of the most sought-after honors for jewelers and metalsmiths worldwide. Now it’s your time to shine.
The Halstead Grant is calling for entries to its annual competition for emerging jewelry artists working in silver. The grand prize winner receives a $7,500 cash grant as well as $1,000 in jewelry supplies, a feedback report from the judging committee, a trip to Halstead headquarters in Arizona, and recognition in the field. The top 10 finalists are all recognized with signature trophies, smaller cash prizes and individual feedback reports. The deadline is August 1 every year. To be eligible, applicants must be US citizens who started their businesses within the last three years. Jewelry artists should have a jewelry collection with significant use of silver ready to present to the market. The grant experience is a business development exercise to help jewelry start-ups establish clear goals for the early years of their studios.
Applicants must submit a portfolio and answers to a series of essay questions that outline a business plan.
Hip Pop is an ACC-juried showcase of top emerging talent that provides a pathway for early-career artists into our established, competitive craft shows. With lower-cost shared booths, extensive exhibitor support, and show award opportunities, this program gives emerging artists an unparalleled opportunity to grow their clientele and careers. Artists may enroll in the program for up to three years.
Hip Pop booths are placed across the show floor at all shows, allowing guests to discover them on their shopping journey.
Jewelry Production Assistant Needed!
We are “Limbo Jewelry” a local hand made jewelry company specializing in simple, geometric, minimal pieces and we are in need of an enthusiastic skilled individual with a good work ethic!
Production Assistant (Jewelry fabrication in a production studio environment)
– Full time required, 4-5 days a week (40hrs/week).
– Starting pay $13/hr (training), $14/hr once fully trained
– Some benefits (Matched SIMPLE IRA*elegible after 6 months, some schedule flexibility, flexible vacation time)
– Direct deposit payroll system
– Growth potential within the company.
– Proficiency in basic fabrication skills such as soldering, forming, grinding, hammering, forging, polishing etc.
– Capable of quality and efficient repetitive fabrication labor.
– Able to focus on a specific task and task oriented.
– Attention to detail and a commitment to producing quality work at a consistent rate.
– Good communication and interpersonal skills.
– Must be punctual and have reliable transportation
– Positive attitude and friendly demeanor required
– Quick study and able to work alone
For more information and to schedule an interview/bench test email us your resume with a cover letter specific to this job in a PDF format at:
Subject: Limbo Studio, production assistant applicant (Full name)
Please also include in the body of the email: Distance to work (209 E Ben White Blvd Blvd, 78704) and availability.
Thank you for your interest,
Anne, Edson, Amie and the entire Limbo family.